Enhancing competitiveness across the value chain.
A thought leadership strategy goes beyond the planning and implementation of a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) programme. Thought leadership is based on taking ownership of an issue that is related to your company or industry. It also goes beyond meeting standards; it is about developing and shaping important areas of business and society. It ties together:
- the vision, mission and values of your organisation
- your operational strategy and corporate behaviour
- an on-going engagement with the stakeholders
- the use of storytelling and campaigning techniques
We provide the following guidance and advice when supporting organisations and their executives in defining and developing their thought leadership strategies:
- Analyse your company’s reputation, benchmark against the competitors and review stakeholder environment – in-depth understanding of your business, influencing issues and potential reputational impacts allows us to define your nexus of influence.
- Select a global issue and a theme that is close to your business and to your heart – legitimacy and passion are fundamental to being a credible participant in the public discourse and as a solution provider.
- Identify your unique contribution – realistic objectives, use of research, resource allocation and integration into the business plan ensures internal and external impact.
- Develop a compelling messaging architecture – the thought leadership platform should be an integral part of any overall corporate and product-related communications strategy.
- Identify advocates and inspire dialogue – using all means of communication, campaigning and engagement platforms.
- Become and remain part of the conversation – taking clear stances, developing insights and research, and communicating them through appropriate global platforms.
- Agree on performance indicators – tracking and evaluating operational input, outputs and outcomes to measure successes and – possibly – adjust the strategy.
Being an impactful thought leader – as a firm or an individual – means you are recognized for your knowledge, insights and solutions you provide, both within your industry and within external expert groups. You become the partner of choice for your customers, media approach you for comment and stakeholders seek your advice and input.